Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Feature Artist for Making Magic - Welcome Mayoori!

Hello Everyone!

Cec here and I am so excited to finally get the chance to introduce you to our Feature Artist for August. She was the winner of my Make It Maculine challenge in June. Welcome Mayoori Jain of Butterflies N' Buttons!!

Mayoori is a master at mixed media and while I was in love with her masculine project, which is why I chose it, I was blown away with the depth of her talent when I went back to her blog to have a closer look at all her creations.  There I found a variety of altered art and layouts that oozed technique and texture.  I recommend you spend some time lurking around her blog and be prepared to be as inspired as I am.

I think you will all agree that Mayoori is a creative force to be reckoned with and I am so impressed with the project she put together for our current challenge Making Magic! Feast your eyes on this!! Mayoori has altered a journal cover that now bears no resemblance to its original form but captures the texture and colour of the mood board beautifully.

***
Hello ABC fans and followers.

I am Mayoori ,living in beautiful Seattle city with my 2  loving teenage daughters and very supportive husband.  I have been scrapbooking since 3 years, trying all the styles, learning from fellow crafters . Since few months I have been trying mixed media projects and I am thoughly enjoying it.

Today I am  sharing this journal cover.I am  really excited to be part of this very interesting and challenging mood board put together by Georgie.







The idea is to create magic through art. I have used an old wooden paint brush to make the wand.

 hot glued a big bead to the brush.at the top and the bottom.

 then drip the hot glue making some patterns and embedding some small beads for more texture

 Painted the the wad black with the black gesso.


applied some golden paint and some metallic copper paint

applied some black crackle medium , once dried applied green and golden paint.

I stencilled an old cardboard and then cut two corner pieces out of it. Then added an embossed chipboard.

Hope you will like it.
Please visit my blog - Butterflies N' Buttons

***
WOW, this transformation is stunning and the elements Mayoori used to make it happen are fantastic from the paint brushes to make the wand, those gorgeous filigree corners and all that texture and glitter.  She has definitely made a magical project and sharing her creative process is such a bonus to all of us.

I hope that seeing Mayoori's wonderful creation will inspire you to join us for our current challenge...

You have until the 4th of September to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Anything But Cute design team by clicking on the challenge link.

Happy Creating
Cec!

14 comments:

  1. Stunning make Mayoori! Love all the magical embellishments and textures of your project!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cec for the beautiful description of my work . i am blown away with your capacity to make ordinary work look extraordinary.
    Thanks to the team of Anything But Cute for giving me this opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic magical creation, Mayoori! Amazing textures and such a beautiful design! Love your wand! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mayoori - it is AMAZINGLY beautiful! what a fabulous project Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING! I am totally captivated by the way you made the wand. A really beautiful piece of work! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really created magic here Mayoori. This is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Mayoori! This really is truly magical! I'm so happy you shared your magical secrets with us! I am so blown away by your transformation of a paint brush to a wand and that amazing book cover! If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow a few of these techniques with Halloween coming up and all! Ha Ha! This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you for joining us as our Feature Artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you soo much for your beautiful comments. I am really touched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my stars and garters Mayoori - YOU definitely made MAGIC here. Wow. That magic wand is ASTOUNDINGLY INCREDIBLE. And the entire project is PERFECT with the mood board. Soooooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS.... seriously FABULOUS. What a wonderful feature artist you are.... and soooo inspiring. j.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy friggin cow and tulips! This is awesome sauce Mayoori! This should have been in the Harry Potter movies! What a fantastical alteration and creation. Thank you so much for sharing your process and joining us as a guest designer this month! Wowzers! And Wowzers!!!! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Mayoori on this fantastic piece and being featured artist. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This beautiful Mayoori! I love the colour and the texture you have put into this, it really brings it to magical-life! Hugs, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. liquid collagen

    ReplyDelete